What did we learn from Kim Novak, Sally Field and Meryl Streep at the Oscars?
1) Too much of a good thing is TOO MUCH! Unlike birthday greetings, too much cosmetic surgery, Botox and fillers are definitely too much.
2) If you want to age gracefully, it is important to start a preventative maintenance and anti-aging regimen much earlier. Meryl Streep and Sally Field seem to understand the need to invest in habits that allows one to look natural at any age.
3) Who treats you with Botox and Filler is important. Select an experienced board certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon who has been trained in aesthetics and understands the anatomy of your face. Look for one such doc with judgment, prudence and an “aesthetic eye” to provide you with your best natural look. Avoid injectors who lack formal training and therefore may take a cookbook approach to injecting which often yields that overdone look seen so often on the women of “Housewives of Beverly Hills”.
4) “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”. The earlier you start, the easier it will be to maintain a youthful look and to look better for longer. It is much more difficult to smooth wrinkles that have already been etched into your skin than it is to prevent them at their inception.
5) We are now blessed with a plethora of effective, non-invasive, no downtime preventative maintenance anti-aging and body improving modalities so don’t wait till you need a face-lift to begin your beauty regimen.
6) A final word to the savvy 30+ year old. Look at the parent whom you most look like. What disliked sign of aging is most noticeable on that parent’s face? Forehead wrinkles? Lipstick lines? Crows feet? Jowls? Double chin? Belly fat? No waist? Love handles? THAT is a good indicator of what you would be wise to begin preventing now!